ShareThis

0

Bye Bye Brussels

It's time to leave. Just another  45 min and taxi will be here for us.

Unlike any other time, yesterday was a good day. We were done packing by aftrenoon and were relaxed. In the evening we we even went out and had a sub. The last day seemed so near perfect that it was obvious the last night here would be difficult. I could barely sleep and when I finally did Baby A decided to come awake and could not sleep. Her intermittent crying due to frustration ( cos she could not sleep) was so annoying that we finally gave up trying at 4 this morning, and I even got her ready for the flight. Then P put her to sleep by walking, singing etc. He is the man of the hour I say!

As I watch baby A sleep, I wonder if she will ever realize that she is leaving her birth city and changing homes yet again. I wonder if she will miss it. I wonder what goes on in her tiny head. Somehow the John denver sng seems like a fitting end to the last post from Brussels.

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin' it's early morn
The taxi's waitin' he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die
 

0 comments:

Back to Top