ShareThis

0

Letter to my daughter, a thank you note

Dear A,

Thank you so much for coming into my life.For my life is so much more than it used to be. You see for many years I kept lamenting about not having a sense of purpose and nothing I tried doing ever filled that void. Well maybe not a void but a sense of feeling something was missing but I could not put a finger on it. Now I know, what was missing, was you.

Thank you for being the reason to make me want to be a better person. I want to be more patient. I want to be more tolerant. I want to be more understanding.I want to be more cheerful. I want me to be so much more than what I am everyday.

Thank you for teaching me yet again that learning never stops. Every second with you I learn something new. Something new about me, something new about your appa and of course something new about you. I learn to see the world in different perspectives, in light sunny colors and the darker shades. I learn in the truest sense every day that a dark night will always give way to a new dawn filled with hope and joy.

Thank you for bringing wonder back into my life. Somehow along the years I had completely forgotten the feeling. When I look at you, I feel wonder. When I look at the world and all the silly, simple things in it through your eyes, I feel amazement.

And lastly, thank you for needing me so much. It feels good to be wanted. Every time I can make you happy or wipe away your boo-boos with a simple hug or smile, I feel humbled. For that is all it takes to make you smile. Though I do complain to all and sundry that you are clingy these days, I cannot lie about the joy I felt when you reached out to me the first time.Now every time you crawl quickly towards me, I am secretly thrilled that you prefer me over everyone else, all the while worrying and fretting that you are becoming too dependent on me.

Thank you for being you
Luv
Amma

0 comments:

Back to Top