ShareThis

0

Unsaid but true

On a very general way, many of us are dissatisfied and have complains about the way we have been brought up. In the movie Before Sunrise, the character Jesse nails it by saying,

Everybody's parents fucked them up. Rich kids parents gave them too much. Poor kids, not enough. You know, too much attention, not enough attention. They either left them or they stuck around and taught them the wrong things.


You get the point. There is always something that could have been done better, a little more or maybe a little less. So many complains but what many of us forget is that our parents are humans and humans are known to err and then try and do better.The proof of it can often be seen in how parents never bring up their second child like their first and never ever do the same mistakes twice.In fact most parents try to do things with their children as they would have wanted their parents to do with them.

I love my parents unconditionally but that has not stopped me from wishing they had done somethings differently for me and have many times voiced the same in anger to them and maybe hurt them( especially my father) at times. I realize today, what I did then was inexcusable. I now understand and believe they did their best and whatever I am today is to a large extent because of them. Things like this often remain uttered and never see the light of conversations. Since we belong to a traditional yet evolving, South Indian Tam Bram family who have always fought against emotional blackmail and such, we have never been too comfortable with emotional declarations...

So today on your birthday Appa, I want you to know I am sorry for all the hurtful words we have exchanged over the years and though I am not guaranteeing we will never argue again, I want you to know that I love you for what you are and am grateful that you brought me up the way you did.
Happy Birthday dearest Appa.

0 comments:

Back to Top