ShareThis

0

The Movie List

Since landing here, I been indulging in all chick flicks I can lay my hands on. Previously I never had this much time or resources (internet connection) to accomplish it. The only criteria is that the movies should have some romance and a happy ending. I am a sucker for happy endings.

*The list is in no particular order.

1. Waitress

It’s a dark. It’s amusing. Its one of its kind. Very different from the rest of movies listed here and definitely worth a watch.

2.Ever After

Sweet. I like the way the movie starts.

3.Princess Bride

For Butter cup and “as you wish” are hard to resist.

4. Runaway Bride

Julia Roberts and Richard Gere never fail to charm me anytime I watch it. I remember seeing it for the first time in Sathyam with amma, appa and dinks.Those were the days when the best seats in the theater used to cost Rs 60.

5.Notting Hill

If not for anything else then watch it for Hugh grant and Julia Roberts.

6.Dirty Dancing

Something steals into your heart and stays there.

7.Pretty woman

Who has not seen this movie? Most I know will never mind watching it one more time. Julia Robets works her magic as Richard Gere does his thing.

8.How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

A Chick flick in every sense. Entertaining.

9.Just like Heaven

Reese Witherspoon finding love after death. Seems weird? But worth a watch. Believe it not even my Husband likes it!

10.A Lot Like Love

A sweet movie I happened to catch by chance on TV. Love it because of the way it spans across years.

11.The Perfect Man

A random Chick flick but easy on ears and eyes.

12.Bridget Jone’s Diary

Its like opera either you love it or hate it.

13.50 first dates

So cute! Adam Sandler is funny and so likeable.

14.Sweet Home Alabama

Works as a quick fix for those depressing days.

15.While you are Sleeping

For all the rainy stay at home days.

16.A Walk in the clouds

If you have a sweet tooth you will love this.

17.When Harry met Sally

Witty that’s what I will call it.

18.Four weddings and a Funeral

Is delightful and sly and not mention full of cute stances of Hugh Grant.

19.Sleepless in Seattle


This is old school and endearing. The parallels with an affair to remember do not make it clich├ęd but help you relate to it even more.
Could not resist adding the link for some quotes-Click here.

20. You’ev got a mail


Every time I hear the first few lines, I feel the warmth spread through my veins and sets off a yearning so unlike anything else I have ever felt.
“I like to start my notes to you as if we're already in the middle of a conversation. I pretend that we're the oldest and dearest friends as opposed to what we actually are, people who don't know each other's names and met in a Chat Room where we both claimed we'd never been before. What he will say today, I wonder. I turn on my computer, I wait impatiently as it boots up. I go on line, and my breath catches in my chest until I hear three little words:You've got mail.
I hear nothing, not even a sound on the streets of New York, just the beat of my own heart. I have mail. From you.”


21.The wedding date

After movies like the one above it seems almost criminal to put this one in the same list. They are so different and this one is way out of league, but when you really run out of feel good stuff and want to watch something which is passable. You can see this. For really really bored times.

22.Never been Kissed


Its funny and a good way to pass the stay at home evenings.

23.Love actually

British humor I believe it is. Not yet seen it but have heard it is good.

24.Julia and Julia

Meryl Streep is beguiling and has played her part down to last dot.

25.Picture Perfect

Caught it on Star Movies sometime back.Nothing great.Can be even irritating if you are not disposed towards mindless watching.Time pass.

26.Letters from Juliet

Well the scenery is beautiful and so the movie is not bad. So again a casual watch.

27.Clueless

I remember having seen this in collage and have not chanced upon it since then, but it should be passable.

28.Raising Helen

Its about sisters, love and growing up.I liked it.

29.French Kiss

The film Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha (1998) starring Kajol and her husband Ajay Devgan is a remake of French Kiss with a slightly different ending. The Malayalam film Vettam (2004) by Priyadarsan is also an adaptation of French Kiss.(have not seen it)
So this is the original movie and far surpass the lesser remake(s).

30.My fair Lady

I had almost forgotten about this gem and then it suddenly came to me out of nowhere while I was cooking.

31.Sound of music

I first saw this movie in Trivanadrum and was just six years old. Attai or Amma, I don't remember who got the video cassette for me and I saw it on the video player one rainy afternoon. Dinks was too young to enjoy it but I vaguely remember liking the movie, at least enough to ask for it every time we went to Bhopal to visit my maternal grandparents. Malu akka ( our family friends) used to then bring it over for us. SInce then till now , it has been one my fondest movies and attached with it are even fonder memories.

32.Mona Lisa Smile

This is a movie that will lift you up and make you smile.

33.13 going on 30

I don't like it much but have watched it when it came on tv and I had nothing better to.

34.Confessions of a shopaholic

It is not bad to watch it once.

35.Devil wears Prada

I have seen it zillion times but I don’t seem to get bored. No idea why though. Maybe it’s all those fashionably clothes, caps and necklaces that are seen in the movie.

36.Two days in Paris

Well lately I love watching movies like this.Not exactly a typical chick flick or romcom but I like the movie and hey, it’s my list!

38.Before Sunrise

This and the its sequel are my current obsession. I go over the lines in my head, over and over again, till the magic has me wrapped up in the if and only accepts of our life. A must watch.

39.Before Sunset

Dear readers allow me to persuade you to watch this and its predecessor.They are gems of a kind.

40.Chocolat

There are few Dvd's I carry along with me wherever I go. This is one of them. This movie is like a beautiful poem topped with dollops of chocolate and cream. Its is due to this movie that every time I move cities I think its the restless north wind playing its trick.. All said and done, how can I not mention Johnny Depp who looks as yummy as a piece of chocolate dipped in rum.

41. One fine day

I think I saw this movie on one of my summer holiday trips to Bhopal and fell in a little crush with George Clooney.Its a nice little movie and through I have not seen it in a long time, I will not mind catching it once again.

Update on 20-Sep-2010

42.The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

I just saw this movie and found it quite nice. It made me cry at some parts but it ends well.

If you can think of any other movies which belong here please do let me know.

0 comments:

Back to Top