ShareThis

6

Right on the mark!!

I found this on a blog during my random surfing.

Whatever a guy tells you, take it at face value. --By Yamini Chatopadhyaya


Quote

I used to be the type to hyperanalyze a man's every comment, gesture, or sneeze, this advice came as an epiphany to me. It freed me from having to decipher what 'I love you, but I'm not in love with you' meant, for instance, especially when the guy who blurted it had been happily spending his every free moment with me.

"It is not your job to figure out what a guy is thinking. It's not your responsibility to help him get in touch with his feelings, or overcome the childhood trauma of having to flush his dead goldfish down the toilet (which resulted in the shutting down of said feelings), or teach him how to communicate in an intelligible fashion. "Your job is to accept what he says at face value, and that, my friend, will free you.

Once a guy says:

“It's not you, it's me”
Or
“I'm not good enough for you”
Or

“I love you, but I'm not in love with you”

Believe him.

If you want a happy relationship, you need a partner who is affectionate, and who genuinely cares about you. You need a man who possesses the courage that being in love and in a realtionship requires. Hold out for the guy who deserves you.

Unquote

This is so true! Men most times just say what they mean. In other words when a man says something, take it at face value. Now this is very difficult being a woman as I believe my brain is automatically trained to read between lines and more often than not this result’s in plain pain and no gain.

Say if I was in a real bad mood and extremely put out with say some XY (male) and this guy finds me unusually quite and at a dearth of words and asks me what is wrong. I hate to admit it, but I would sulk and say “nothing”. So in a reserve situation when a guy answers me in the same manner, I continue prodding and cajoling him to tell me the problem because if I were to say "Nothing" then there is surely "Something",and what’s more you can imagine how the episode would end!!

And about the “You are perfect.If there is anything wrong, it’s me” routine, next time a guy says this or something like this to you, take a deep breath, don’t analyze, and don’t think.He means what he says.Period. The truth is always a bitter pill and anyway life is too short to be wasted upon waiting around for guys who are plain not interested!!

Move on.
Get a life.

6 comments:

Neeti said...

there are exceptions to every rule...
But anomalies futher prove a theorem so even that seems taken care of.

fullmoononearth said...

This is the base of the books like "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"

Debaditya said...

ten of ten for this post!!

and ironically most of time this comes as a part of bitter experience rather than resulting in having a better experience.

I just wonder which one is tougher the learning(guys understanding the complexities) or unlearning (gals trying to be simplfing)

Goutham said...

hmmm.. kind of right. Men are more result driven. What interests them is the result and the cause of something doesn't matter always. On the other hand, I think, women are cause driven. No matter what happens, it is the cause behind something that interests women. :)

Expressions said...

Could not have agreed more with u...Wish there was a means to switch off the ANALYZE button???

Caffeinism said...

@ everyone- Thanks for insights and comments.

@ g'man & dusty - I like ur inputs the best.

Back to Top