ShareThis

3

Can you see a life time in a moment?














It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it will not be created for years or even generations...
-Khalil Gibran


Is he rephrasing the cliched concept of love at first sight? But then I have always fancied myself, not to believe in "love at first sight"...then again maybe I do...It's like two people chancing upon an unexpected clearing while walking on a misty mysterious path through the dense forests at twilight at the same(this is the catch)...

3 comments:

Goutham said...

I would prefer not to believe in "love at first sight". There is something very comforting about being with someone who you have been aquainted for a while. It makes sense to think love can be found in such a companionship. But maybe I am wrong, I wouldn't know. I do believe that what happens tomorrow will always be beyond what I can anticipate and what I can comprehend. I can only wait and see!

Little Miss Sunshine said...

I do agree that long companionship and courtship alone does not make real love. A spiritual affinity is very much needed ,which like all revelations in life happens in a moment. But in a regular normal life, it is not possible to have this moment with someone unless you are in their companionship for sometime.
So I think Khalil is not quite talking about love at first sight as we know of it. I think it is a bit deeper than that , where he is alerting people to the fact that a comfortable companionship should not be confused with love, which I see many people do!

Mukund said...

though i am not qualified to talk abt love as i havent had the opportunity to experience it, i think i'll agree with what sunanda has said here....

Back to Top